Bay Leaves: Your Pantry’s Best Friend
Holiday baking season is here! No matter how beautiful and organized your pantry may be, pantry pests like weevils, flour beetles, and Indian meal moths can infest and spoil items such as flour, sugar, grain, dry cereal, dried fruits, and processed foods.
To keep these pests from spoiling your holiday baking, try these natural home remedies:
- Store dry goods and opened packages in sealed, airtight containers to keep them fresh and keep pests out.
- Inspect your groceries at the grocery store before bringing them indoors, check your purchased goods for any signs of damage or use.
- Check for expiration dates. Routinely inspect your pantry for old items, tossing out anything that has expired.
- Clean out your pantry on a regular basis. Clear the food out of your pantry on a regular basis and look for signs of an infestation.
- Use bay leaves! Stick a bay leaf inside canisters of dry goods like flour, rice, and other grains. The smell of bay leaves repels pests.
Pantry Storage Systems
Reach-in and walk-in pantries make the most of your kitchen layout by storing everything in one central location. We can help you keep your kitchen organized and food supplies handy with our smart pantry storage designs!