Never worry about organizing your closet again!
Since we periodically update our wardrobe, maintaining an organized closet will always be an ongoing process. There are a few actions you can take to ensure you never spend more than 20 minutes rearranging your clothes.
Follow these six easy strategies to organize your closet for good. It may take a little time, but we promise it’ll be worth it!
- Declutter your clothes by category — Separate your clothes into categories like pants, dresses, tops, outerwear, accessories, and undergarments. Then sort through every item in a single category before moving on to the next.
- Empty and clean your closet — Make separate “donation” and “keep” piles for clothes, shoes, and accessories give your closet a proper deep-clean and pull out anything else still lingering inside it. Vacuum the carpet, wipe down the shelves, and scrub any scuff marks or dirt off the walls.
- Design your ideal closet space — Take note of your closet’s best features: maybe you have tons of vertical storage space, built-in shelving, or multiple hanging rods. If you want to make the most of your space, we can help you design the closet of your dreams!
- Store your clothes by category — Keep like items together. Store all your accessories in the same spot, hang your dresses alongside each other, and keep your workout clothes separate from your pajamas.
- Use coordinating hangers — Limit the visual clutter and give your closet a sleek, streamlined look by using matching hangers for your clothes.
- Stack thick items like denim and sweaters — Stack bulky winter sweaters and denim jeans. These items make perfect stacks for your shelf space because they’re sturdy and thick, meaning they won’t slump, crinkle, or lose their shape when you stack them.
6 Tips to Organize Your Closet for Good in Vancouver WA & Portland OR
Serving the Greater Portland Metro Area