Do you dream of an organized closet space with room for clothing, shoes and accessories? At PNW Closets, our designers know that an organized closet must include both hanging space, shelving, and drawers.
A variety of hanging rod lengths
Closet hanging systems include any closet organizers with a clothes rod for hanging clothes on hangers. In an organized closet, the clothes rods are installed at different heights depending on the length of your garments.
Typical hanging rod configurations include:
- Double-hang is great for maximizing your hanging space for shirts, blouses, folded pants, and other short garments.
- Long-hang is for overcoats, dresses, formal, coats, robes, and other garments needing length.
- Medium-hang is used for suits, long skirts, pants hung from the waistband or cuff, blazers, and other medium-length clothing.
- Half and Half is another configuration that holds the same length garments as double hang with the option of more shelves rather than an upper rod. This is often preferred in children’s closets.
- Triple-hang is used mainly in baby closets. The short length of the clothing allows the stacking of three rods to maximize space.
Shelves are the backbone of all storage and no one can ever have enough!
After hanging, shelves should be your next “go-to” in a custom closet. Use them for shoes, sweaters, jeans — in addition to hats, handbags, and accessories.
If you want a walk-in closet, but have no idea where to begin, it’s okay! During your free in-home consultation, our professional closet designer will take measurements and talk with you to learn about what you want in your new closet and how you’ll be using it. They will recommend layout options and accessories for your needs including:
- Adjustable shelving
- Drawer dividers
- Shoe shelving
- Jewelry drawers
- Tie racks
- And more!
Our walk-in closets also come in a variety of styles and color finishes so they can match your home’s decor, seamlessly.
What are the must-have features for an organized closet? in Vancouver WA & Portland OR
Serving the Greater Portland and Vancouver Metro Areas